Your Port Orchard General Dentist On Dental Coffee Stains
What is the first thing that you do every morning upon waking? Chances are you get up, start the coffee maker and then go about getting ready for your day. How many cups of coffee do you drink per day? On average, 3.1 cups of coffee are consumed per day by 54% of the population in the United States. Around 24% of people in the US drink more than 13 cups of coffee per week!
The Effects of Coffee on the Teeth
For those who are avid coffee drinkers, you should be aware of the effects it can have on your teeth:
- Create spotty stains on teeth
- Alter the overall color of your smile
Even if you brush and floss daily, the coffee that you are drinking still has an effect on your teeth. The yellowing or even browning of the teeth should be expected unless you take precautions.
How to Prevent Coffee Stained Teeth
There really is nothing you can do to prevent coffee stained teeth unless you simply give up coffee or tea. For many people, this is impossible. So, there are a few things that you can do to help minimizing this staining:
1. Drink water in between cups of coffee. This can help to wash the coffee away from in between the teeth.
2. You could sip coffee or tea through a straw to minimize the effect this has on the surface of the teeth.
3. You can opt for bleaching processes that can help whiten your teeth that are already stained by your teeth.
The best thing that you can do is to talk with your Port Orchard general dentist. You are going to find thats he will have a better idea as to what you can do to help get your teeth back into good shape. In addition, we can help you to determine if there is more damage other than discoloration that is happening. Routine appointments with Dr. Karbassi are very important, so give our office a call at (360) 876-6388 and schedule the best date and time for your visit today.